This is a continuation of a series of posts highlighting some of our favourite products for your new puppy. These are all things and Gatsby and I have tried and loved. We love products that are as natural as possible, and made by reputable companies. Most of these items can be purchased at your local pet store, our favourites are Tisol and VanPet, although some of our toys and bedding were found at PetSmart (mainly due to my Martha Stewart obsession).
1. Now 100% Fresh Puppy Food by Petcurean – Hands down our favourite food. Petcurean is a Canadian company that’s focused on providing fantastic, healthy food with zero rendered meats, by-products or artificial preservatives. It’s also grain-free, which we’ve discovered Gatsby’s stomach prefers.
2. Pure Bites Dehydrated Liver – One of our favourite special training treats, this product is made with just one ingredient – freeze dried raw liver. It’s also made in the USA, which makes me feel even better about giving it to Gatsby.
3. Himalayan Dog Chew – A great long lasting chewable treat, it takes Gatsby about a week to get through one of these bad boys. They’re made with just a few ingredients; Yak’s Milk, Lime Juice and Salt. Imagine a rock hard and solid cheese rind. Gatsby absolutely loves them, and especially enjoyed them while his adult teeth were growing in.
4. Tricky Training Treats (Cheddar Flavour) – Nice, small sized training treats, these are a standard for us during everyday training and playtimes. Gatsby loves the Cheddar Flavour, but they also come in Liver and Salmon. I love that they’re wheat, corn and soy free, making them easier on his stomach.
5. Greenies Dental Chews – Gatsby gets one of these almost every day. They provide a good chewing outlet for him, while also helping to maintain healthy teeth and gums. His teeth are sparkling white, and he loves the flavour too!
6. Martha Stewart Dog Bowls and Mat – I love the two piece construction of these dog bowls – the stainless steel interior keeps water cold and is easily removed for cleaning. The silicone mat helps keep any spills contained and ensures that the bowls don’t slip around.
This post was first published on April 7th, 2015.